Pages

Subscribe:

Valentines Day

You know when you have found your prince because you not only have a smile on your face but in your heart as well.  ~Author Unknown


Love puts the fun in together, the sad in apart, and the joy in a heart.  ~Author Unknown


Who would give a law to lovers?  Love is unto itself a higher law.  ~Boethius, The Consolation of Philosophy


A baby is born with a need to be loved - and never outgrows it.  ~Frank A. Clark


Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly.  ~Rose Franken


Love is like dew that falls on both nettles and lilies.  ~Swedish Proverb



I love you like crazy, baby
'Cuz I'd go crazy without you.
~Pixie Foudre


How did it happen that their lips came together?  How does it happen that birds sing, that snow melts, that the rose unfolds, that the dawn whitens behind the stark shapes of trees on the quivering summit of the hill?  A kiss, and all was said.  ~Victor Hugo


It is astonishing how little one feels alone when one loves.  ~John Bulwer


Love is not singular except in syllable.  ~Marvin Taylor


They who meet on an April night are forever lost in love, if there's moonlight all about and there's no moon above.  ~E.Y. "Yip" Harburg and Fred Saidy, dialogue just before the song "Old Devil Moon" in the musical Finian's Rainbow  (Thanks, Katherine!)


Love me and the world is mine.  ~David Reed


Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.  ~Robert Frost


Love is the poetry of the senses.  ~Honoré de Balzac


Come live in my heart and pay no rent.  ~Samuel Lover


True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights.  If you hear bells, get your ears checked.  ~Erich Segal


Love is what you've been through with somebody.  ~James Thurber, quoted inLife magazine, 1960


Love is being stupid together.  ~Paul Valery


For twas not into my ear you whispered
But into my heart
Twas not my lips you kissed
But my soul
~Judy Garland


As soon go kindle fire with snow, as seek to quench the fire of love with words.  ~William Shakespeare


My heart to you is given:
Oh, do give yours to me;
We'll lock them up together,
And throw away the key.
~Frederick Saunders


Love is the greatest refreshment in life.  ~Pablo Picasso


What the world really needs is more love and less paper work.  ~Pearl Bailey


Give me a kisse, and to that kisse a score;
Then to that twenty, adde a hundred more;
A thousand to that hundred; so kisse on,
To make that thousand up a million;
Treble that million, and when that is done,
Let's kisse afresh, as when we first begun.
~Robert Herrick, "To Anthea (III)"


Falling in love is so hard on the knees.  ~Aerosmith


Love is a canvas furnished by Nature and embroidered by imagination.  ~Voltaire


The most beautiful view is the one I share with you.  ~Author Unknown


The most important things are the hardest to say, because words diminish them.  ~Stephen King


My whole heart for my whole life.  ~French saying used on poesy rings


Like I've always said, love wouldn't be blind if the braille weren't so damned much fun.  ~Armistead Maupin, Maybe the Moon


Love is metaphysical gravity.  ~R. Buckminster Fuller


If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden.  ~Attributed to Claudia Ghandi


2 comments: